A MASSIVE field of Hyundai Excel competitors are set to return to the Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour weekend in 2020, following confirmation of details surrounding the MRF Tyres Excel Bathurst Challenge.
To be contested over three races on the Friday and Saturday of the Easter 2020 Event, the MRF Excel Bathurst Challenge will be the first to run on the brands dedicated tyre developed for the class – the MRG ZXL.
Expression of interest for entries have opened today with a sold-out 55-car grid expected thanks to the growing status of the Bathurst 6 Hour event, Live TV on Channel 7 and a bumper prize pool offered by promoters for the Excel grid.
MRF Tyres are major supporters of the Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour Event as well as bring the control tyre supplier to both the 6-Hour and Australian Production Cars in general.
With extensive experience in multiple categories, the team at MRF were able to select a compound and tyre construction that is not only cost effective at $130 per tyre (including fitting and balancing) but will also compliment the Excel chassis.
MRF Tyres has confirmed a series of incentives to assist competitors at the event, with three competitors from within the entered Bathurst field to be offered a test drive in a current TCR Australia car as a reward, thanks to the support of the Australian Racing Group (ARG).
Each competitor will also receive one set (Four tyres) of MRF ZXL Excel Tyres as part of their entry fee for the event.
Each competitor will also receive two tickets to the 2020 T20 Cricket World Cup being held in Australia in October next year, MRF Tyres a global partner of the major ICC Event.
Finally, live free-to-air TV coverage on the 7 Network has also been secured for the category on the Saturday of the Event as part of the network’s expanded motorsport coverage in 2020.
“We’ve been looking at the Excel category for some time and how it has organically grown to be the largest grass roots category in Australia. To keep the category on the Bathurst 6hr support schedule for 2020, we’ve been able to put together what we believe is a fantastic deal for Excel competitors,” said Vivek Ponnusamy, the CEO of Australian MRF Tyres Distributor, Mentor Tyres.
“This has resulted in not only being able to maintain the cheapest category entry fee but also includes 4 free new tyres, free-to-air television coverage and the fantastic prize of TCR test drives for three competitors. We’re really looking forward to working with the Excel competitors at the Bathurst event, showcasing the quality of the MRF tyre and the service that our on-site team can provide.”
Competitors are being urged to lodge their entries quickly with demand expected to be high.
For further information on MRF tyres or to submit an expression of interest, contact Vivek Ponnusamy via email here.
For information on the event, key dates or for any general enquiries, contact Ross Street via email here.
KEY COMPETITOR DETAILS
- MRF Tyres Bathurst Excel Challenge will be held on the Friday and Saturday of the 2020 Easter weekend (April 10th – 12th 2020). The event will comprise of Practice, Qualifying and one race (Friday) with two further races on Saturday with equivalent track time to previous years. There will be no Sunday race in 2020 due to television broadcast timing for TCR and B6HR events however competitors will have entry to spectate at the Sunday events.
- Event will be televised as part of the event Channel 7 free-to-air package providing the best Excel event coverage to date.
- Applications for the prize of a TCR test drive will open with entries and will be administered by the Australian Racing Group. Selection criteria will be at the discretion of ARG and up to three Excel drivers will be selected from applications received.
- Approval has been granted to specifically run on MRF Tyres with event sporting regulations changed accordingly. Other than this, all other 3E Circuit Excel technical regulations will apply and technical eligibility and driving standards will be enforced by category representatives.
- Competitor expressions of interest for the 2020 event will open Tuesday 10th December 2019 and close on the 6th January 2020. Following closure of EOI’s, entries will offered to those who have submitted EOI’s (in order of receipt) and a $700 deposit will need to be accompanied with a fully completed entry form to secure your place. Balance of $1650 is due by 28th February 2020.
- The acceptance of entry is as per NCR and sporting regulations of the event and will be accepted in order of received EOI’s followed by paid and completed entries. The promoter has right to accept or reject any entry at their sole discretion.
- MRF Excel tyres are available at $130 each incl GST via MRF Dealers from February 2020. Tyres can also be delivered. Please contact state MRF dealers or Mentor Tyres directly to arrange tyres for any pre-event testing required.